Seeds & SproutsA blog for growing gardeners!
While it’s still fresh in your mind, grab a piece of paper and talk together about what grew well, not so well, pay special attention to what you’d...
Adapted with permission from University of Maine Cooperative Extension in Hancock County, photos by Pammy Dyer Stewart Did you know that garlic is...
During WWII garlic was given to wounded soldiers. It was known as 'Russian Penicillin'. The heaviest head (bulb) of garlic was 2 lbs 10 oz. It was...
Gardening for wildlife is a great way to encourage biodiversity! There are thousands of ways to encourage birds, bees, toads, butterflies,...
Seeds & Sprouts is a family-friendly garden blog, collaboratively created and edited by Incredible Edible Milbridge and the Community Caring Collaborative! Featuring monthly posts about family-friendly gardening activities, tips and tricks for your garden, and more!
- Plant garlic
- Place mulch over garlic, shallot and strawberry beds when the ground begins to freeze.
- If leaving your leeks in the garden, cover with a layer of straw.
- Start growing herbs for indoors
- Cut back the yellowing foliage of herbaceous perennials.
- Feed hungry birds (and squirrels) by investing in bird feeders.
- Clean and bleach seeding pots, pans, and other containers.
- Clean and sharpen garden tools.
- Start planning for next year!