WHRL Butterfly Festivalat Milbridge Commons Wellness Park
WHRL will host an engaging, fun, free, family-friendly Butterfly Festival at Milbridge Commons Wellness Park on August 19th (with a rain date of August 26th).
The day will begin with a workshop, “Monarch’s Milkweed and Magic.” We’ll have educational stations to see Monarch caterpillars, chrysalis, and butterflies up close, a pollinator garden education station, a nature scavenger hunt, a story walk, captivating butterfly crafts for children, and a butterfly parade around The Commons.
The Butterfly Festival will celebrate the importance of butterflies in our ecosystem with fun activities, hands-on crafts, and opportunities to get up close with Monarch Butterflies, learn about their habitats, and what you can do to make a difference.
Milbridge Commons Wellness Park, home of WHRL’s largest Incredible Edible Milbridge garden and the Ed Flanagan Pollinator Garden, is the perfect setting to celebrate the beauty and diversity of butterflies.
There is limited parking at the Commons. Plan to park at WHRL/Historical Society, Wyman’s, or BaySide!
Come dressed as your favorite butterfly for a morning of summer fun!
- Monarchs, Milkweed & Magic with Christina Ganz of Kvetina Monarch Hatchery. Learn about the plight of the Monarch, their life cycle, and how you can make a difference! Fun for families.
10:00 -12:30 pm
- Children’s Crafts (make your own butterfly wings, create a butterfly mask, craft flowers)
- Monarch Butterfly Life-cycle Exhibit
- Story Walk – “Hello, Little One – A Monarch Butterfly Story”
- How to Make Your Own Butterfly Garden (with free seeds while supplies last!)
- Polaroid Photos at the Butterfly Wall
- Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Wyman’s Bee Wild Mobile
- Butterfly Parade around the Commons!
Interested in volunteering at the Butterfly Festival?
We’re looking for volunteers! Tasks could include helping with craft stations, or the other activities throughout the day.