Winter Tree Festival and Auction
Seeking Enthusiastic Decorators for the WHRL Winter Tree Festival!
The holiday season is coming and we are determined to have a fabulous WHRL Winter Tree Festival and Auction this December! No Grinch (aka COVID-19) is going to steal this Downeast tradition!
The 2021 festival will be an online event. If you are ready to show off your creativity, it’s time to get busy.
There are two ways to participate.
- Adopt a table-top trees or wreaths; you do the decorating!
- Create your own holiday, winter decoration or gift basket and donate it to the auction.
Regardless of which you choose, the possibilities are endless!
Here’s how it works!
- Signup to participate. Tell us if you want to adopt and decorate one of our trees or wreaths or if you’d like to imagine your own creation.
- Pick up your tree or wreath from the WHRL parking lot in mid-November. We’ll let you know when they’re ready for pickup. Some folks prefer to dig up and pot their own trees or make their own wreaths – that’s also okay!
- Decorate your item. Be creative! Look below to see some of past year’s items. Designs tend to range from the elegant to the beautifully whimsical, but all are uniquely special trees and wreaths. Let your creativity run wild.
- Drop off your item at WHRL by Wednesday, December 1st and we’ll take it from there.
All items are auctioned to benefit the programs of Women for Healthy Rural Living – including Incredible Edible Milbridge and Milbridge Commons Wellness Park!