Did you know that one cup of strawberries has only 54 calories and about three grams of fiber? Strawberries are a great way to get your vitamin C!
- 8 cups of spring greens (spinach, arugula, or mescaline mix) washed and dried
- 10 to 12 large fresh strawberries washed, dried and sliced lengthwise
- 1 small fennel bulb sliced lengthwise in thin slivers
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds toasted
- 2 tablespoons of raspberry vinaigrette or other light vinaigrette of choice
Toss the greens, almonds, fennel, and strawberries with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
This salad was served at a picnic at my cousin Jane’s home. I added the fennel as it is a favorite of mine and has a bit of crunch. The dressing she served with it had too much sugar so I substituted the vinaigrette.