Women in TransitionA book discussion series exploring how women navigate transitions -- from motherhood to growing older to losing loved ones and more.
Whether it’s coming of age, marriage, motherhood, aging, death — transition is a part of every woman’s life.
How we navigate these transitions shapes the stories we tell ourselves and each other.
2023 Book Series
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyas
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food and Love by Kristen Kimball
- She’s Not There: A Life in Two Genders by Jennifer Finney Boylan
- Finding Me by Viola Davis
Funding for this book discussion series has been provided in-part by The Maine Humanities Council.