Art With a Heart, The Magic of MonheganAn Artists Retreat - May 2023
Don’t miss the Magic of Monhegan Island.
Are you an artist intrigued by a sense of place? Ten participants will have the opportunity to join us for a weekend artist retreat on beautiful Monhegan Island from May 26th to May 28th. The island offers abundant places to create, all while exploring an inspirational landscape and meeting other art-minded people.
This is a crowd fundraising event! Each artist will fundraise $1500. In return, they will receive a rich and rewarding creative experience on an island famous for inspiring artists worldwide. Participants will receive meals and lodging as well.
- Lodging will be at the Trailing Yew. Participants will each have their own room.
- Meals provided include breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and dinner on Friday and Saturday. You are on your own for lunches.
- Monhegan is a walking-only island and may not be safe or suitable for people with mobility challenges.
- There will be an optional art show in Milbridge for artists who would like to showcase the work inspired by this trip.
Money raised from this retreat will support the programs of Women for Healthy Rural Living, including Incredible Edible Milbridge, Outdoor Women Lead (OWL), and Milbridge Commons Wellness Park.
We Help You Fundraise!
Crowd Fundraising is a way to raise funds from a lot of people. Small donations add up! We help you accomplish this with your own Monhegan profile page (click here to see Chris’ page), a toolkit, social media posts, and ongoing support! It’s easier than you might think!
Ready to take on Monhegan?
The application fee of $100 includes a $75 deposit which will be returned to you if you are not able to attend the trip.
To be considered for this trip, you need to:
- Be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID by the trip’s start.
- Be able to get to the Monhegan Boat Line ferry that leaves Port Clyde, Maine, at 10:30 am on May 26th.
- Commit to fundraising $1500 by May 1st, 2023.
Applications close on February 14th!
Your Instructor: Jane Snider
Jane has been teaching art classes for nearly 30 years. Her work is inspired by the beauty of nature and Maine’s landscapes.
Jane works primarily in watercolor and acrylics but loves playing with other media. She will offer individual guidance and share some of her own thoughts and techniques.
Rockwell Kent Cottage by Jane Snider
Monhegan Village by Jane Snider
Autumn Barrens by Jane Snider