Inspirited by Milbridge Commons Photo ContestCelebrating the beauty of Milbridge Commons Wellness Park
Inspirited by Milbridge Commons Photo Contest
Inspirit: instilling life, energy, courage, or vigor into something.
Women for Healthy Rural Living is pleased to host our first Inspirited by Milbridge Commons Photo Contest. Help us capture the story and beauty of Milbridge Commons Wellness Park and highlight the importance of this unique park through your photography. Using your camera or mobile device, help us embrace what makes Milbridge Commons special!
This contest is for your photos taken at or of Milbridge Commons Wellness Park. Examples include birds, flowers, vegetables, landscapes, and people enjoying the park.
The contest is open to residents of the United States, except employees of WHRL and anyone otherwise connected with the judging of the contest. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this contest. Submissions will be accepted through September 15, 2023.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of appointed judges. A “People’s Choice” winner will be selected by popular vote conducted via social media and verified by WHRL. Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
There are three categories for adults (age 16+) – $100 gift card each
- The Nature of Milbridge Commons – flora, fauna, landscapes, or seascapes (no people)
- People Enjoying Milbridge Commons – at least one person enjoying the park.
- People’s Choice – includes both Nature and People images.
Youth Category (age 15 and under) – $50 gift card
- These photos can be of both Nature and People.
Use of Your Photo(s)
A) By entering a photograph in this contest, you give your consent for WHRL to use your name, image, and entry in any publicity material, WHRL publications, the WHRL website, and WHRL social media platforms without monetary compensation. You understand that others outside of WHRL may copy your image from these public sites and use it without further notice or permission by WHRL or you. You will be given photo credit when your photograph is used by WHRL.
B) By entering this photo contest, this in no way prevents you from using this photograph in other venues or from entering other contests.
Set the camera to the highest quality setting possible with uncompressed files. The lowest quality accepted is 5″ x 7″, 300 ppi (pixels per inch), 1500 x 2100 pixels, which equals about a 10-megabyte image. Most cameras and mobile devices today meet these qualifications.
- Photographs must be submitted in JPEG and at least five megapixels.
- You MUST submit a photo release for each IDENTIFIABLE person in your photo(s). The release must be signed by the person pictured if that person is 18 or older. If the person is a minor or has an appointed guardian, the release must be signed by the parent or guardian. Photos without releases from identifiable people are not eligible for the contest; they will not be used or retained.
- Photographs must be suitable for family viewing.
- Remove all watermarks and time stamps before submitting, or your photo(s) will be disqualified.
- You affirm that you are the maker of this image and have retained the rights to this image.
- You affirm that the images were taken at or of Milbridge Commons.
- Select your best photos because we have a limit of 5 photo submissions per photographer among both categories. Note that each photo must be entered separately – with an individual entry form, photo releases (if applicable), and a separate email for each photo.