This salad is a perfect side dish or a lighter fare meal, crispy just like the air – a perfect and colorful segway into a delicious conversation with our friend, Autumn.
TOTAL PREP TIME: about 30 minutes
- 4 cups kale, chopped into small pieces (washed and dried with vein removed)
- 1-1/2 cups mango, cubed
- 1 small fennel bulb, cut into thin slivers
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Toss all ingredients together with 2 Tbs of lemon juice and 3 Tbs of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, or your favorite vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
- Optional: serve with grilled chicken.