AMHC (Aroostook Mental Health Center) Sexual Assault Services in Machias is starting a FREE female Trauma Recovery Empowerment Group (TREM). This workshop is appropriate for women who have a history of emotion, physical, and/or sexual abuse.
- This group is a psycho-educational group that meets once a week for 15 weeks.
- This group is free and confidential.
- Facilitators in the group will help group members through the topics and provide education about how trauma and abuse affects lives.
- This is not a group where you have to tell about what happened to you. You can participate in the group discussion or you can learn by listening.
- The goal of this group is to help women become stronger and move forward in life. The group does this by helping women develop skills to deal with current life problems, which might be related to past trauma.
Session 1: What is TREM? Getting to Know You and Me
Session 2: What it means to be a Female and What I Know about My Body
Session 3: Managing Physical and Emotional Boundaries
Session 4: Self-Esteem, Self-Soothing, and Self-Care
Session 5: Expressing Feelings and Developing Communication Skills
Session 6: Understanding Trauma: The Body Remembers What the Mind Forgets
Session 7: Understanding Emotional, Physical, Sexual and Institutional Abuse
Session 8: Impact of Abuse and Relationships
Session 9: Working on Relationships within your Family
Session 10: Understanding Blame, Acceptance, and Forgiveness
Session 11: The Development of Intimacy and Trust/Sex with a Partner: How to Negotiate the Relationship Successfully
Session 12: Trauma and Addictive or Compulsive Behavior
Session 13: Feeling Out of Control/Anger Management
Session 14: Personal Healing/Hope
Session 15: Accomplishments and Saying Goodbye
If you or a friend or loved on is interested, please call Jenny Robish in the AMHC Machias office. Interested participants will meet with Jenny prior to the start of the group. The group is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, May 13th at 1:00PM.
Community Outreach and Resource Educator
AMHC Sexual Assault Services
Office: (207) 255-0996 X756 / Cell: (207) 271-7803