This salad was a bit hit at the IEM Veggie Trailer at the last Farmer’s Market. Pick up some beets and give this tasty, healthy recipe a try!
- 1 bunch beet roots, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tbsp of minced onion (or green onion tops)
- 2-3 oz feta cheese (or cut into small cubes the cheese of your choice)
- 2 tbsp minced walnuts (lightly toasted in a skillet if you like)
- 2-3 tbls olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced fresh herbs (chives, dill, parsley, etc.), optional
Boil beets until tender. Drain and cool. Put in a bowl and mix in onion, feta cheese, and walnuts. In a small bowl or jar mix together olive oil, vinegar and optional herbs. Pour this over your beet mixture and serve cold.